Friday, June 4, 2010

The Event ~ Sunrise, Sunset

One of the best things I love about living in the country is seeing the horizon.   When I see the horizon I can see the sunrise and the sunset on any given day.  I truly enjoy those two times of the day ~ especially the sunrise.  That is the best part of any day ~ early morning.  Usually it's the calmest part of the day ~ the Nebraska wind hasn't arrived for the day, nor the heat of the summer or the frigid air in the winter.  The surroundings are calm, I can hear the birds sing ~ there is no noisy traffic to disrupt the peace and tranquility.   The sunrise is a magnificent event to experience.

These beautfiul Nebraska sunrise and sunset pictures are beautiful.   How magnificent is God's creation.  He places the sun and the moon and the stars in just the right places at just the right times. 
Lately I have been getting up at 5:00 a.m. and getting in a two-mile brisk walk.  It's always hard to get me out of bed at that hour, but once I get outside I am so glad I didn't give in to rolling over and curling up under the sheets. 

For me, it is so refreshing, so invigorating, a time to give thanks and praise to God for the beauty of the earth and the blessings we enjoy; a time to petition my prayer requests. 

Every day when I walk I start out singing to myself the old Sunday School song  "Thank you Lord for saving my soul, thank you Lord for making me whole.  Thank you Lord for giving to me, thy great salvation to rich and free."  A simple way to express how I feel.

I wish I could make that time last longer, and just sit out on the patio with a cup of coffee and enjoy the early morning even more.  Working an 8 - 5 job doesn't allow that.  The busyiness of the day begins again.  I can always look forward to the next sunrise.  One day at time. The sunrise is truly a beautiful event.

No comments: