Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Event ~ Going to the Zoo vs Being the Zoo

It's always fun to have the grandchildren come visit.  They all ~ including their parents ~ enjoy coming to the farm for a visit.    I don't know who enjoys it more ~ them or us.

When seven grandkids converge on us at one time, our home turns into a zoo ~ in this Grandma's words.  However, this past weekend, only three grandkids came, along with one daughter (their mother), one niece, and my mother.  So for a change the adults outnumbered the grandkids, and instead of turning us into a zoo, we actually got time to go the zoo.  Something I haven't done for a really long time. 

It was so nice to sit  idly and watch the three youngest grand kids enjoy the splash pad at the zoo for a half hour or so, then meander leisurely through the zoo ~ four generations enjoying time together. 

After a stop at the old neighborhood Dairy King for frozen chocolate covered bananas, we stopped at the park and playground.  It's been a long time since I went down a slide! 





It was an eventful day and an eventful weekend.  It was easy, less hectic!  But I couldn't help but feel that something was missing.  Yes, the other four boys and their Dad.  But they will all be coming again in July.  I know we won't be making a return visit to the zoo ~ we will be the zoo!  Oh, happy daze!

No comments: