I know God chose Tim for my husband and the father of my children. Sometimes I don't understand why he chose to bless ME as much as He has with the good men in my life (husband, father, father-in-law, son). I am extremely blessed beyond my wildest expectations. I don't think I had blessing expectations, but God has certainly showered me with the best. And it starts with my husband - a man of integrity, faith, honesty, love, unselfish, thoughtful, wise, strong, caring, encouraging, my provider, my friend, my love.
Tim is a man who has a deep and quiet soul who works for what his family needs. He takes pleasure in his role as a father and husband. He has been a good father through the years. He was strict and enforced discipline with a "because I said so" type of instruction. But gentle and loving all the time. He enjoyed working side by side with his children and teaching them many things, including how to hoe beets and beans ~ not a popular lesson. Today he enjoys working with and teaching his grandchildren.
Looking back, we did find time for a little fun here and there. I know our kids could write at length about both the fun times and the disciplined work expected of them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
![]() |
| Dec 2009 |
Many of those traits he inherited from his own father. I could not ask for better in-laws. We have lived as neighbors to them nearly all of our near 40 years of marriage. My father-in-law has the same traits that he passed to his son. It hasn't always been easy living in close proximity to my in-laws, but the advantages and blessings of such far outweigh any trials.
I'm proud to be a daughter-in-law to the best in-laws. My father-in-law is a dear caring father to me. I have always enjoyed having my in-laws in for family events and meals. Father's Day was no exception. As long as we are here and they are here, they will always have a place at my table for special meals.
I'm proud to be a daughter-in-law to the best in-laws. My father-in-law is a dear caring father to me. I have always enjoyed having my in-laws in for family events and meals. Father's Day was no exception. As long as we are here and they are here, they will always have a place at my table for special meals.
We shared Sunday lunch together on this special Father's Day. It was an eventful day ~ again! They are ageing rapidly now and, unfortunately, at each special event, we silently wonder if this could be the last. They have been blessed with many good years. They have given us many good memories.
We shared Sunday lunch together on this special Father's Day. It was an eventful day ~ again! They are ageing rapidly now and, unfortunately, at each special event, we silently wonder if this could be the last. They have been blessed with many good years. They have given us many good memories.
On this Father's Day, and every day, we cannot forget that these men are earthly fathers. They are offspring of the heavenly father, the Perfect Father, the complete expression of love. They are eventful fathers! I love them.
Happy Father's Day 2010!







No comments:
Post a Comment