Today my husband of nearly 40 years turns 62. He has aged gracefully and handsomely through the years. It's all that hard work and no play that keeps him healthy, good looking and strong! It certainly can't be my cooking!
Tim is actually the better cook in our home! He is my Master Chef, and he enjoys cooking in the kitchen. His Sunday morning breakfasts are the best. Tim has made Sunday morning breakfast for many years, and it's always a treat!
Every year for his birthday I would make him his favorite cake ~ German chocolate ~ three layer ~ from scratch ~ loaded with the coconut pecan frosting. I admit there were one or two years years missed over the last 40 years, and maybe a couple years that the cake was not from scratch, but still tasted good! German chocolate cake is indeed a treat the one time a year that I make it special for Tim.
Tim is a hard worker ~ it's that German/Russian blood in his veins! He is all farmer/rancher in his heart and in his life. He has the soil of God's great earth running through his veins.
![]() |
| Tim, Amelia and Mathilda |
He was and is always a good dad to his three kids. And a great Grandpa to his seven beautiful grandchildren!
![]() |
| Tim, Josh, Mathilda, Jon. |
Tim and Ben |
Happy 62nd birthday, Tim. You are blessed. You have led a good life. You have a wonderful family. You have a strong faith. Your prayers are heartfelt. I'm glad you are mine!
Celebrating 62 years with Tim is an event I'm glad to be a part of. May we celebrate many more birthdays together! Today I gave him our tour itinerary for a Country Tour for Texas Ranches and San Antonio Trails, a tour we will take in 2011. I know we will both enjoy that "cowboy" tour. It will be right up our alley, and I look forward to wearing my cowboy boots and jeans on a really fun vacation.

| Tim's original family |
I Believe in Farming
I believe a man’s greatest possession is his dignity
and that no calling bestows this more abundantly than farming.
I believe hard work and honest sweat
are the building blocks of a person’s character.
I believe many of the best things in life are indeed free:
the splendor of a sunrise, the rapture of wide open spaces,
the exhilarating sight of your land greening each spring.
I believe my children have learned values that will last a lifetime
and can be learned no other way.
I believe that farming,
despite its hardships and disappointments,
is the most honest and honorable way
a man can spend his days on this earth.
I believe true happiness comes from
watching your crops ripen in the field,
your children grow tall in the sun,
your family feel the pride from their shared experience.
I believe when a man grows old and sums up his days,
he should be able to stand tall and feel pride in the life he’s lived.
I believe in the God that makes this all possible.













No comments:
Post a Comment