All my life I've been partial to cats ~ and dogs. We have always had one or the other or both or several of each at any given time. We've had several white cats through the years, lots of farm cats that are wild. Our last cat was a huge tabby that Tim named Steer because it pooped like a steer in the corral! Even Tim learned to like that cat.
When we lived in town for three years, we had a black kitten that went camping with us. We think the neighbor took the kitten and kept it in her house with her other 32 cats! We all liked that kitten. Later, here on the farm we had a white kitten and a yellow kitten that just entertained us all with the playful antics. We even bought them a two-story cat house to play in. When I was a child I had a calico cat for several years. When I see a pictures of a cat or someone else's house cat, I'm filled with a desire to have my own cat again. I've always wanted a shop cat here at the office to greet the customers.
The Humane Society has been having a two-month adoption special to find new homes for all the cats and kittens that show up at this time of year. I've made several visits to the shelter the last two months just to see what was available, but never felt inclined toward one until today. This cat came with the name of Jack, is two years old, declawed on all four, and neutered, and so gentle and loveable.
It will have to be a shop cat for awhile, or maybe forever, because I'm not sure if I dare take it home! So Jack, what an event to bring you to your new home today, my office! I hope you will be my eventful friend!


2 comments:
Awww, he's gorgeous. I adopted a cat from a local no-kill shelter and just adore her.
Who will keep Jack company on the weekends? You better get another cat!
Post a Comment