Again, I wish I would have kept a timely journal to record little tidbits that make up life. Little things like the gifts my husband gave me and how we celebrated holidays, etc. I remember my husband wasn't really good about valentines day or mother's day early in our marriage. Early on I was hurt when those "holidays" would come and go as just another ordinary day. I remember he once said giving cards is a woman's thing!
Tim has since changed through the years and for many, many years now he has remembered some special days with the sweetest of cards filled with verse that described his feelings. He is probably better than I am now at remembering with cards. He learned from me, but I learned from him!!
There is one gift I will always remember, except I don't know if it was for a special day or just an ordinary day out of the blue. He came home one day and presented me with a long white box ~ a box of long-stemmed yellow roses. Just because he loved me. Of course, what do we females do when we get roses? We count them!
"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. Tim, these are beautiful, but if you bought a dozen roses, there are only 11 here." "Yes, I know." "But shouldn't there be 12?" I ask. "No," Tim said. "Only 11. You are the 12th rose!" My heart still melts when I think of that event.
On another day he came home from the field bearing an armful of beautiful white plum blossoms and presented them to me. He said they smelled so sweet and reminded him of me so he wanted to pick some for me. Likewise, on another ordinary day, he brought home a handful of lavender lilacs because he loved the fragrance of them.
It's the little impromptu actions from the heart that mean more than following habitual designated calendar schedules to express affection. It's those little impromptu actions from the heart that create eventful memories!
My husband ~ I love him.
End of an era
8 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment