It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it! With Cash home for a short time, Tim figured him and Cash could reside the house from the hail damage instead of paying a contractor. In the process, we decided to blow insulation into the west and north walls. In an effort to get the job done quickly, I volunteered to help. This is how I spent my birthday! Cash called it my birthday confetti! The job went quickly, and I know we will reap the benefits for several years to come with lower heating/cooling bills. That's a good feeling!
As a result of the severe hail storms in June 2010, we will have a new roof and siding on the house and new roofs on all three metal sheds. I think every house in Scotts Bluff County has a new roof. What a way to pump money into the valley! Through a hailstorm event!
At the end of the day we (Tim, Cash, Annie, and I) went to dinner to celebrate. We went to Tim's folk's house where Wilma was fixing me fried chicken. She knows I love her fried chicken and that is her special treat for me. I have never been able to fry chicken; but she fries a excellent tasty chicken! Mother Wilma will be 83 in November and she is doing good to still cook for her family ~ she enjoys having any of her family at her table. Eating her fried chicken is an event and creates eventful memories!
I love my in-laws! They have been so good to me. They have lived a long happy, mostly healthy life. We need to cherish the time we have left with them. They keep young and healthy by continuing to go out and sell, install, and fix fence together! Just what every 83-85 year old couple needs to do together!



1 comment:
Aunt Wilma and Uncle Leo have always been such a sweet couple. I've been over at Grandma Lucy's many times when they've stopped by to visit. They're still doing so well at their age!
Post a Comment