Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Event ~ Celebrating 60!

Happy Birthday to me!   I am 60 today and feel great!   I've earned  all 60 years.  I don't feel 60, and many people tell me I don't look 60.  That's good. 

Pictured is my birth bracelet that was put on my wrist when I was born 60 years ago.   I still have it!

As I have been recalling memories, I have been abundantly blessed through all 60 years.  I've been blessed with loving family, lots of extended family, friends ~ some new, some old, some forever, some long lost.  I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, three wonderful children that have good lives, seven beautiful grandchildren, a warm and lovely but simple home, and good health.  I have been blessed as a child of the Kingdom. 

This is my day.  This is my celebration of 60 years.  Of course there are pictures!  Have I changed through the years?  I see now why I have beautiful children and grandchildren!!  Ah-h-h-h ~ what a cutie!

Bottom row:  Age 3 1/2,   7,    9

Top row: Junior high; high school graduation,
Bottom row:  1970 - working in Denver; 2008
What more could I ask for?  More good years ahead.   Turning 60 is a special event.  It's an event to be proud of.  It's an event to be thankful for.  It's an event to celebrate.

----------------------------------------------------

Oh, by the way,  I always shared my special day with my parents, because I was born on their 3rd anniversary.   

Dad was born in Glendive, MT June 9, 1924 to Olaf and Marie Corneliusen.  He attended country school through 8th grade, worked for the Civilian Consevation Corps in Washington, and then joined the Army in 1942.  After the war, he returned home to work in the oil fields on Cabin Creek. 

Mom was born on her parents farm in Otter Creek, North Dakota on November 5, 1930 to Edward and Christina Gallwas.  She worked on the family farm shocking grain, cooking, carrying lunches and water to the field workes.  The water was carried in cement jars wrapped in gunny sacks.  The family moved to Hazen, ND when she was 11.  On July 1, 1947 Mom came by train to Glendive to work.  Since her apartment wasn't ready yet, she hung out at the Jordan Hotel where she met Dad.  Mom was working at athe Ben Franklin store and the next day dad came in and asked her to go out with him.  They went on their first date on July 3 and were married on September 28, 1947.    And the rest is history!  A quick courtship between a North Dakotan and a Montanan.    Another event to be remembered!

4 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Happy Birthday, Sandi! Hope you have a wonderful, blessed day!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have many more happy, healthy trips around the sun! I wish I could have celebrated with you all at Janel's house. I love you!!!

fullofgracex9 said...

Happy birthday. I hope I can celebrate life as full as yours when I turn 60!

Gina said...

Happy Birthday...I can't believe how much your grandkids look like you!