We ended up detouring around the flooded streets of Bridgeport and headed north to head back home ~ no rodeo tonite! We took a round-about road trip through the back roads surveying the crops, reminiscing about who lived where in Morrill County where we used to live. We ended up at Sonic for an ice cream sundae. It was quite a lovely evening, even though we never made it to a rodeo.
The Saturday nite drive was so nice, we did again this past Saturday. This time it was intentional, deliberate. We started at Sonic with hamburgers to go, drove northeast at a very leisure pace, again assessing the crops, the good ground, the bad ground, the heighth of the corn, who lived where, nice yards, dumpy shacks, etc. We drove roads that neither of us have ever been on before. Imagine that!
We ended up North of Bayard, and drove south past our old, new house and our old, old house. I snapped a couple pictures and decided it would be memorable to post about the houses we've lived in. Stay tuned!
We ended up North of Bayard, and drove south past our old, new house and our old, old house. I snapped a couple pictures and decided it would be memorable to post about the houses we've lived in. Stay tuned!South of our old houses the barrow pits continued to be manifest with cattails. I haven't seen or picked cattails for years. It was a new thing to Ben. I always thought they were cool, so now I have a vase of cattails sitting on my table. I had to spray them so they wouldn't fuzz out!
It was a fun, relaxing drive. We ended up at Sonic again for ice cream sundaes. Yes, an eventful drive. An enjoyable evening. We shall do it again often!



No comments:
Post a Comment