Friday, July 23, 2010

The Event ~ Junk Purging

OK, I've had enough!  I do not need four closet drawers, two dresser drawers, three hall linen drawers, two kitchen drawers, 2nd bedroom dresser drawers, two pantry shelves, and several basement shelves filled with stuff.    In addition to what is still out in the garage.  It's too much stuff.  I don't use it, I don't need it, why do I save it?  And I am not even a saver! Imagine the stuff if I were actually  a compulsive saver ~ like ~ say ~ my mother-in-law!

Early June I included pictures of my two-day garage sale that looked like we had just set up for an auction. 

A few weeks ago I commented about doing some deep-cleaning.  I guess I'm not done yet.

My plan for this weekend is to tackle the above junk drawers and shelving.  My goal is to merge to maybe three dedicated junk drawers, and clean up the shelving areas.   I will purge my stuff,  keep only a portion of it and eliminate the rest.    The three drawers I keep will not be considered junk, but stuff I really do need.

Ah-h-h-h-h ~ I feel better already!  Yes, purging junk will be an eventful weekend activity!  I can't wait to get started and get finished!

1 comment:

Cash said...

Some would call this yet another step towards salvation. Yes, the salvation we find in Christ who calls us out of that "stuff" and into freedom. Help me not to get too much stuff since you are learning how to now get rid of stuff.