It was a happy day when Alexis discovered true love and a true soul mate in her new friend Val Ornoy. It was their mutual love for dogs that opened the doors to a love relationship that both had desired for a long time.
It was a happy day when Val telephoned me in November 2012 to tell us of his intent to propose to and marry Alexis. I remember his excitement and his nervousness as he told me he had never ever considered this very serious and important action before because he had never met the one person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with until he met Alexis. And, in Val's words, "You only make this one-time commitment when you know it's for the rest of your life."
It was a happy day when Tim and I, Janel and Tim, and Cash and Annie all traveled to Puerta Vallarta , Mexico for the November 23, 2013 destination beach wedding of Val and Alexis.
It was three happy days on the beach, enjoying the beautiful resort, the relaxing infinity pools, the warm ocean waters, and the family time together. I love the ocean and I loved snorkeling again, and kayaking for the first time.
Alexis and Val had a following of about 45 close friends that came for the wedding. That speaks highly of them and their circle of friends as it’s unusual to get that many people to travel to a destination wedding. It was fun to meet many of them. I especially enjoyed meeting Val’s parents and brother. His cousin Hannah and I bonded fast, and we are keeping in touch and look forward to many visits in the future.
Alexis was/is a beautiful bride, Val a handsome groom. We welcome him into our family and are pleased to claim him as our new “son”! The wedding ceremony was a special and eventful time for our family. When my children are happy, I am happy. Family happiness is an event to be treasured! It’s an ultimate blessing! A lifetime of blessings are wished for my daughter and new son-in-law.






No comments:
Post a Comment