Friday, January 24, 2014

The Event ~ Schloss Neuschwanstein


I saw this beautiful picture of the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany, and it brought back so many memories of  our trip to Germany in October 2006.  I decided such a memorable trip deserves a blog post of its own.  Tim and I toured this awesome castle, as well as a couple other castles.  The picture below is what it looked like during our autumn tour. 

We also toured the Cologne Cathedral in Cologne with Daniel Meurer and his family.  What an awesome experience.  We even got to go down to the Cathedral Treasury in the basement which houses all the precious gold and jewels.  Below is a picture of the Cathedral from the river front.  Following is a post card picture of the Cathedral left standing after the bombing of the city during World War II in 1945.



following WW II bombing of the city.  Cathedral stays standing!
Other places we visisted:

A bird's eye view of Munich

This is where the Passion Play every ten years takes place.

We toured the city of Salzburg, Austria
Our exchange student Daniel took us to Brussels Belgium for a day.

The walled city of Zons on the Rhein River

In the little walled village of Zons


Many beautiful flowers in Oberammergau



Our grandkids even sent us a "send off"note that I still have!


Enjoying a scenic boat ride down the Rhein.  Beautiful scenery.
This was a wonderful trip filled with wonderful memories and I'm glad to be able to preserve some of these memories and pictures in my eventful blog book.  I would love to return to Germany again, but also have so many other eventful places I wish to visit.  

No comments: