More appropriately, I should title this "Nightmares". I'm sure everyone has at one time or another wondered why they dream the things they dream? Why certain people come in and out of our dreams? People who are mere aquaintences, people who really have nothing to do with our own lives? How do these people with such vivid clear faces enter into our dreams? Why do dreams appear to be so real? What triggers certain dreams? Where do we find the answers to these questions? Maybe a little research on line.
I had another tornado dream the other night. This one was so real and so vivid, I awoke feeling like I knew exactly what it is like to be in a house blown away by a tornado and flying through the air. My cat literally looked like it had been jolted by severe shocks of electricity. What a sight!
I've had dreams (nightmares) of tornadoes several times in past years. One time I remember I was trying to make friends with the tornado, talking to it through a basement window at a mechanics shop on mainstreet in Bayard! The tornado had a face with eyes and a mouth and talked to me.
At a recent family gathering Alexis shared that she also dreams of tornados and our dreams are very similar.
I also have recurring dreams of plane crashes. I am never in the plane. I am always on the ground watching a plane spin, fall and crash. Often the big planes crash in fields close to our house. I'm usually the one that calls 911. Sometimes I help rescue survivors. Sometimes they are really gory! I'm not afraid of flying, but in reality, when a plane flys over, I keep my eye on it for a long time, making sure it doesn't go into a tailspin and lose altitude.
I don't chew gum because I've had numerous dreams of not being able to get rid of the gum. The gum never ends in my mouth and I'm digging all around the inside of my mouth with my fingers trying to get all the gum out of my mouth. How can there be that much gum in my mouth? It's really a yucky dream.
Another recurring dream that I've had several times in the past but not in recent years is losing all my teeth ~ that my teeth would just start falling out for no reason. I would feel something in my mouth and ~ oops ~ here's another tooth laying on my tongue. They would just keep falling out, one at a time!
Of course there are always the dreams of being chased. I think everyone has dreams of being chased, of having to run away from something, frantically. Those can be really scary.
And then there are the really stupid dreams that put me in all kinds of weird places with all kinds of people from the past or people I don't even know. When my kids are in my dreams, they are usually little kids again. Some are just funny, some very weird, some very scary.
Where does all this come from? I guess I will have to do some research about dreams!
End of an era
8 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment