At family gatherings during my childhood years ~ and beyond ~ I remember there always was a puzzle in progress. I spent many hours with cousins bent over a puzzle scattered on a table. It was a social activity.
We still do that today, especially on the Corneliusen side of the family. I recall the last three reunions of this family, there was always a puzzle or two or three in progress. Family members would casually participate in the puzzle for minutes at a time or hours at a time. One couldn't walk by without stopping to try and add one more piece to the puzzle.
This puzzle was put together at the 2012 reunion in Montana. Working on the puzzle are Alexis, Connie, and Evelyn.
I have always enjoyed puzzles and occasionally would have one out to work on when family was around. But I never had a good place to lay out a puzzle for an extended period of time. And I didn't like having a wobbly card table taking up space.At our last auction we worked, I bought a really nice drop leaf occasional table that looks nice wherever I put it. With the leaves up, it's big enough for a puzzle. Now I have a puzzle scattered out on it and enjoy spending a few moments here and there to connect a piece or two. I find it a mental challenge as well. It's a good brain activity. Perhaps guests that come and go may also feel drawn into this activity. How long will this eventful project take? I thought this would probably take me several months to finish when I started it last week, but I only have about 40 pieces left to place. I predict I will finish it tonite!
Then I will put it all back into the box and get out another one! What an eventful challenge!



No comments:
Post a Comment