While in Lincoln for several days, Tim and I travelled two and a half hours into Iowa to visit my dear, dear friend from college who has never lost touch in the last 40 years ~ Betty Stewart and her husband, Tom. Betty and I were part of the inseparable seven during our college days. (See Reunions blog 6/9/10). In the last 40 years we have seen each other five times. Each time it's like time has stood still and we pick up where we left off. We are as comfortable with each other today as we were when 19 and in college.
Tim and Tom have enjoyed visiting and talking farm toys. Put two farmers together and there is never a shortage of conversation. Put two dear life friends together and there is never enough time to catch up. I treasure our long time friendship ~ we've shared alot of joys and sorrows and prayers together.
It will be a joy to continue to share as we grow old together in heart and spirit, even though we are miles apart.
Coincidentally, Betty's daughter is my grandson Jakob's teacher at school!
Visiting with dear friends and keeping in touch through the years is an event I treasure!
End of an era
8 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment