I remember it so well. In my memory lane, it is right there with the John F. Kennedy assassination, as famous events that changed history!
The Beatles were an icon of my youth. I was 14 in 1964. I had many of their records and still have one today. I don't understand how my single 45 "Yellow Submarine" Beatle record managed to survive the exit of all my other childhood possessions.
I also recently came across a newspaper article I clipped from our local newspaper when the Beatles arrived in America. Again, I have no idea how this clipping has followed me through the last 50 years. But it was among some other items in a box with all my school yearbooks.
To this day I still really like their music. I so much enjoyed watching the 50 year tribute on CBS last nite and seeing Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr perform together again, even though they are 70+. What an eventful step down memory lane. Can't believe it's been 50 years!
![]() |
| As The Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 |
![]() |
| Top: John Lennon, Paul McCartney. Bottom: George Harrison, Ringo Starr |
Those who didn't grow up with The Beatles just won't get it! This is my own tribute to an icon of my youth! Eventful memories!





No comments:
Post a Comment