July 2nd I wrote about participating in a mystery quilt project, where I was given an instruction clue once a week for seven weeks for the making of a quilt, but had no idea what the quilt would look like until completion. It is now completed, and the mystery is solved.
It's perfect for a twin size bed. Have no idea what I am going to do with it, but alot of quilters have no idea what they are going to do with their stack of quilts. Quilters quilt for the relaxation or therapy of the activity.
Currently I am in the process of binding several baby and/or crib or nap quilts for the Linus Project. The Linus Project disperses quilts to children in hospitals. The local Linus Project shares children's quilts with the valley and region hospitals, so our contributions pretty much stay local in the valley.
I am sure it is a happy event for the child receiving a warm, cuddly quilt of their own when in the hospital. For many children, this could be the only warm blanket they have. I'm glad to share in this eventful project.
End of an era
8 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment