Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Event ~ Blues and Bowls

So I said to stay tuned for more hang ups.  The dictionary does have an entry for "hang up".  In addition to the usual obvious definitions, it does state "to become stuck or snagged. . . "

So what are my hang-ups that I'm stuck or snagged on?   The last blog entry reflected my hang-up about eating off plates with pictures on them and writing on checks with pictures on them.

Another hang up?  I don't like the color blue.  Except in the eyes of my husband and son and the beautiful sky.  HOWEVER, in my senior moments, I am coming around and actually indulging in a little blue here and there.  At last Saturday's auction, I actually bought (yes, I bid on it, it was not a leftover!) some blue dishes.  Just a small set of two Frankoma soup mugs and platters.  I wanted them because I have several other sets of these mugs/platters that are perfect and fun to use when serving tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, or chili and cinnamin rolls, or noodle soup and creamed chicken.  And often we share soup supper with family or friends.  They are kind of mix and match, but at least they have NO pictures on them!!
Tim commented he couldn't believe I put blue dishes in my cupboard! Yikes, that is hard to believe!

Another hang-up:  I like bowls, all kinds of fancy or unique bowls.  I like to serve out of fancy and unique bowls, mis-matched serving bowls, maybe even bowls with pictures on them!  Yikes, did I say that??  I can't resist a unique bowl at a garage sale.  My cupboard is overflowing with bowls.  But I seem to use them all.  I don't necessarily collect them, as a collection is usually something one doesn't use. 

I guess I am at my wit's end trying to think up creative things to blog about.  My life must be really boring right now, or maybe it's just that I am hung up on living the simple, uncomplicated life with nothing exciting or demanding going on, so I blog about bowls and blue dishes.  I can't really call this an eventful event!

1 comment:

Melissa Amateis said...

My favorite color is blue. Sometimes I don't even realize it until I look in my closet and see all the blue clothes!

I don't think your life is boring - you're content and happy in living a simple existence. That's a wonderful accomplishment in my book!