What's in a name? I had to name my new blog site. I chose Eventful Friends. Why? Because that is my show name when I do ventriloquism. eVENTful Friends. Yes, I fulfilled a life-long dream when I finally, nearly four years ago, started studying the art of ventriloquism, and went to my first international ventriloquist conference in 2008 and again in 2009.
I have three eVENTful Friends, Aunt Edna ~ a sassy, classy old lady who is 86 and beautiful for her age, Mr Woodrow ~ a sometimes adult farmer/cowboy in an adult audience, or a young kid (Woody) when I have a children's audience; and Delila, a scatter-brained hot pink bird with purple hair! They are my eventful friends ~ we are partners! We have entertained in nursing homes, Christmas parties, senior centers, children's church, mentally challenged camps, state conferences, and my own family reunion last year in Billings. Sometimes they say things I would never say!I have learned one is never too old to go after a dream. If there is something you want to do in life, go for it. I regret I didn't do this year's ago. Thanks to internet, I was able to make the connections to get started.
I have taken workshops at the conferences with the one and only Terry Fator, winner of America's Got Talent in 2008 (pic) and also Jeff Dunham, as well as other well-known vents. And enjoyed their entertaining shows. It's an awesome community, and a very christian community. Much ventriloquism is used in ministry and mission work.
I guess I shouldn't be posting pics of me and other men. Tim is very supportive and likes this picture as much as I do. Tim is way more awesome to me than Terry Fator!!
Tim gave me "Woody", which at the time was an old Jerry Mahoney figure made famous by Paul Winchell. A master figure maker in Colorado transformed Jerry into my Mr. Woodrow ~ see the before and after. What a transformation. God does the same thing with us if we let him work in our lives. This is truly and event in my life, and I have made many new eventful friends in my new endeavor. It's fun. Fun is an event!
Tim gave me "Woody", which at the time was an old Jerry Mahoney figure made famous by Paul Winchell. A master figure maker in Colorado transformed Jerry into my Mr. Woodrow ~ see the before and after. What a transformation. God does the same thing with us if we let him work in our lives. This is truly and event in my life, and I have made many new eventful friends in my new endeavor. It's fun. Fun is an event!




No comments:
Post a Comment