Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Event ~ Turning 64 and a New Baby!

Ordinarily, a 64th birthday is not major and usually uneventful.  This year I turned 64 on September 28 and had the pleasure of spending the weekend with Janel, Tim  and seven beautiful grandchildren.  The Andreasen family has a tradition of breakfast in bed for the birthday child.  On Sunday, September 28, I was the honored birthday child receiving the coveted breakfast in bed to a chorus of "happy birthday" sung by the choir of 10 family members, including hubby Tim.
 
Tradition calls for all to gather on the bed as candles (one lone candle for me) are blown out and wishes are made.  My wish was for my newest grandchild who was still in the womb to be born before we left Lincoln, considering the due date was the next day.  That didn't happen!  Note the baby still in the womb in the picture below!!
 
We later enjoyed brunch on the patio with a birthday apple coffee cake, followed by a football game featuring Jon. 
Friday nite before we enjoyed watching Jakob play football.   I think I can predict a lot of trips to Lincoln in the future as the grandchildren participate in high school sports.
Jakob playing for Pious High School junior year.
After Jon's game on Sunday afternoon, we made the traditional ice cream stop at the Zesto ice cream shop on the way home.  Except after the big brunch, I had no room for ice cream, so I just watched! 


My real birthday present arrived on Tuesday, October 1.  We got the text message at 6 am.  Beautiful Willa Frances Therese Andreasen arrived, 9# 7 oz.    Welcome Willa to the Andreasen family.  You are in for a bountiful beautiful blessing of a family!  I can't wait to hold you and hug you!
Not only will you have a houseful of brothers and sisters to love on you, charm you, and play with you, but you also have a beautiful cousin only five months older that you can grow up with.  You and Penny will have lots of fun when you can get together. 
 
Babies and birthdays - definitely events to be cherished!  Memorable eventful events for this aging Grandma! 



No comments: