We buried my Aunt Bertha Barnick. Saturday, January 19. She was a spirited 90 years old. She was the only sister of my dad. My fondest memory of her was when I was about 8 years old. I had gotten a much longed for "bride doll" for Christmas that came only with her bride dress on. It must have been during the following summer that I spent several days at Aunt Bertha's house, and she sewed lots and lots of clothes for my tall 24" doll ~ pants, skirts, tops, dresses, coats. I had the best dressed doll around!That's when I decided I wanted to be able to sew like her. She said I needed to join 4-H to learn to sew. I did.
I didn’t know this before, but my Aunt Bertha went white-water rafting down the Colorado River when she was 82. Way to go girl!
We enjoyed visiting and reminiscing before and after the funeral. It is always fun to visit extended relatives, some whom we haven’t seen for years, some of whom we met for the first time.
Following are a few pictures taken of relatives. It’s very easy to recognize the common thread in the pictures ~ among the guys. Or I should say the common unthread, because there are no threads or strands!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment