Friday, September 9, 2011

The Event ~ Friendships Rekindled

What a pleasant surprise when we got the call last week from friends we haven't seen for eight years.  Dan and Beth Forbes were coming to town over the weekend, and I was ecstatic that their agenda included a visit with us.  Their trip was quick, so we got together over breakfast at our house on Sunday morning.  Of course, Tim was the cook ~ he cooks breakfast every Sunday morning!  (yes, I know I'm so spoiled and lucky!)

I was so excited to see them again.  We last saw them when we stopped at their home in Boise, Idaho in 2003.  We got to be good friends with Dan and Beth when they moved into the house across the street from us on Avenue K in Scottsbluff, I think in the spring of 1987.   I remember taking a chocolate pie over to them when they were moving in to welcome them to the neighborhood.  One of the best things I did because a close, long friendship resulted.  We were sad to see them relocate to Boise. 

We shared a wonderful breakfast and lingered longer for five hours of great fellowship catching up with them.  Renewing old friendships is such a heart-warming event.  I look forward to the day when we will make another road trip to the northwest that will include a stop in Boise again.  Friends are among the most precious blessings in life.  Too often too many friendships wane through time and distance.  So it's  a real joy and a blessing to renew and revisit friends of the past, and keep that spirit alive into the future.

Dan and Beth are among those pictured in my August 19, 2010 post "The Season of Friends."

No comments: