Delilah sang a song "I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly". She looked at me as though I was an old lady. I wasn't very happy with her doing that! But all the kids thought it was funny.
Aunt Edna in all her wisdom encouraged the kids to turn off the televisions and computers and spend time reading. The program was during her afternoon nap time, so she had a hard time staying awake but she did want to let the children know how lucky they were to have such a wonderful new library. She didn't have computers and cell phones and radios and I Pods when she was a little girl. But she did have a wonderful library and she too journeyed around the world through books.

2 comments:
Great job!!! I bet you had fun with a new audience too!!
Were you nervous? That's a lot of kids! :-)
Post a Comment