The "Circle Tour" is something we always do, unplanned, of course, when Tim is driving in a foreign place. The earliest "Circle Tour" I can remember was December 1981 going through Baton Rouge, Louisiana, going down a one-way street the wrong way, getting lost, circling around, and ending up where we started before finding our way again. I'm sure there must have been earlier "Circle Tours" prior to that, especially since we were driving in foreign California on our honeymoon!
However, the "Circle Tour" has since become a sore spot with Tim, but he still does it anyway. I thought he was finally learning to take my ribbing in jest, but last night he threatened to throw me overboard from ship if I blogged about this event!
Last nite driving back to the hotel from Al Capone's dinner theatre at 10:30 p.m., he mis-communicated with the GPS and suddenly did a two-wheelie into a strip-mall parking lot thinking that was his next turn! I thought he was going to roll the car! So after a pleasant circle tour of the parking lot and around McDonald's drive-thru, we did get back on track. Tim seems to be infatuated with parking lots as we somehow "Circle Tour" in and out of those on
I laughed so hard as I chanted "circle tour, circle tour". Then last night in bed, I just started laughing out loud. He asked what was so funny. I said "your circle tour". I got into one of those laughing spells that I couldn't quit, and he sort of laughed too! But that's when he threatened to throw me overboard ~when I said I was going to blog about the event!
By the way, that was his second circle tour of the day. I think now he may finally have GPS figured out. But today we are headed up north about 60 miles, so can we go a day in foreign territory without the infamous circle tour? Hm-m-m-m! Stay tuned! Yes, the "Circle Tour" is an unannounced and surprising event that has become a tradition when touring with Tim!
I just hope he stays away from the captain's wheel on the ship! Bon voyage!

1 comment:
This is hilarious, and so expected! I know Dad can laugh about it inside somehow. LOL!!! I remember well the circle tour in LA. It is tradition...would a vacation really be as much fun without them? Maybe Dad does it just so that you won't be disappointed by missing out on the beloved circle tour. Ha!! Hope your trip is marvelous!
Post a Comment