Several years ago my friend, Mari Schwarzkopf, brought me a Christmas gift which she put into a coffee can wrapped in fabric with a wire coiled into it for a handle. I thought the creative can was super cool, and certainly too cute to discard. The following year, with our little gift exchange between friends, I presented my gift to her in the same decorated can/bucket she created the year before. The bucket has been passing back and forth every year since.
Neither of us kept track of the years or what the bucket was filled with, but we know for sure that this was at least the 8th year, if not the 10th year for the passing of the bucket. It even still has the same tissue paper in it, with the wire handle tied with the same raffia ribbon!
Neither of us kept track of the years or what the bucket was filled with, but we know for sure that this was at least the 8th year, if not the 10th year for the passing of the bucket. It even still has the same tissue paper in it, with the wire handle tied with the same raffia ribbon!This was my year to fill the bucket and present it to her. I did this last nite when we met Mari and Gene, and Ernie and Connie Bussinger for dinner at Mulligan's. We had a very pleasant and leisure evening, lingering very long after dinner as we all caught up with the comings and goings in our lives. A fun evening with special eventful friends.
We agreed last nite that it was a fun tradition we want to keep alive as long as we are both able. Merry Christmas, Mari.

1 comment:
That's really cool! I'm glad you all got together! Sounds like a fun time. Gene and Mari were in my dream last night, by the way. I dreamt they came on a tour with me while working for Alaska Coach...except I was touring them in Nebraska to Chimney Rock. It was a lame tour and somehow at the end of it, you and grandma were on the tour too and asked to leave to tour while we were still in Bayard. That's not even all of it. By they time I was leaving Scottsbluff on the tour with Gene and Mari and 8 others, my tour bus had somehow turned into a PeddleCab. So I was riding a bike and pulling everyone in a carriage. Weird...
Post a Comment